The Object and his Father : a Bug Story
The Object and his Father : a Bug Story
is the first part of a double exhibition. The second one will take place in Museum M Leuven in April 2019.
The necessity of being on the good side is essential to any human being. It is just, it ensures belonging to a fair-minded group of people; and if it’s too vain to think about becoming part of the good side of history, then at least it promises a private eternity.
That is why there existed special language rules in all correspondence regarding the Final solution – “evacuation”, “special treatment”, “change of residence” instead of killing – as points out Hannah Arendt in Eichman in Jerusalem. These language rules however, continued to exist in other systems, long after the Second World War was over. The words changed, but the guilt free principle remained the same. Thus we found a report of an officer regarding the recruitment of an Object as an informer for a State security. This Object would write on yet other Objects in the future – The Hesitant One or Spinning Top, all these phrases as an excuse of intervening with private lives.
A subject is turned into an object, a person into a substance, very much in the same way as death does it. And precisely this mortality confirms that they indeed don’t have place into eternity, nor the good side.
But whose eternity is this?
Le Mur Palpitant
Portfolio /in .pdf
Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, 1985
Lives and works in Brussels, Belgium
Her practice is diverse, including graphic printing, illustration, writing and painting. Her works have been exhibited at WIELS Center for Contemporary Art, La Centrale.lab and in Neue Museum, Nurnberg (as a part of her nomination for the International “Faber-Castell” Drawing Award. In the autumn of 2012 she was invited as a guest student at Kunstakademie Dusseldorf in the class of Lucy McKenzie. She won a Vocatio prize by the Fondation Belge de la Vocation and the contemporary art prize BAZA in2015. She is currently doing a PhD in Art and art sciences at the Free University of Brussels in collaboration with ENSAV La Cambre.
- Le Mur Palpitant, Eté 78, Brussels, Belgium
- Annulment of the End of Things/, La Centrale/lab, Brussels, Belgium
Selected group exhibitions
- Odette : Private appearance, Jozsa Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- …ad Astra, Celebrating 10 years of the Jozsa Gallery, Jozsa Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- Per aspera... Celebrating 10 years of the Jozsa Gallery, Jozsa Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- EUtopia curated by Luk Lambrecht, Lieze Eneman, Museum Cultuur Strombeek/Gent, Strombeek, Belgium
- Faber Castell International Drawing Award, Neue Museum, Nuremberg, Germany
- International Drawing Award Baza , Sofia City Art Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Capital Artists curated by Angelique Campens and Etienne Van den Bergh, Brussels Art Institute, Brussels, Belgium
- My Name is Artist curated by Vessela Nozharova, Hugo Voeten Art Center, Herentals, Belgium
- ReSiDuE, exposition de groupe au WIELS Centre d’art contemporain, commissaires d’expo Dirk Snauwaert (directeur du Centre) et Agata Jastrzabek, Bruxelles
- The Remarkable Project, Brussels Art Factory, Bruxelles
- CIRIO à galerie “Dorothea Schlueter”, avec Lucy McKenzie, Abel Auer, Dorota Jurczak, Caitlin Keogh, Graham Anderson, Hambourg, Allemagne
- Aleksandra Chaushova et Kumi Oguro à Albus Lux Gallery, Roosendaal, Pays-bas
- Residency Unlimited, New York, USA
- Lokaal01, Antwerpen, Belgique
- Frans Masereel Centrum, Kasterlee, Belgique
- WIELS Contemporary Art Centre, supported by Olivier Gevart (collector) and the program "Mobility" of the National Fund Culture Bulgarian, Brussels, Belgium
- Sofam prize, best solo show in Art on Paper, Brussels, Belgium
- International Drawing Award BAZA, Sofia City Art Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Prix Vocatio, Fondation belge de la Vocation, Brussels, Belgium
- nominée pour le Prix International du dessin « Faber Castell » par Dirk Snauwaert (parmi Ed Atkins, Anastasia Ax, Ulla von Brandenburg, et Julia Haller)
- bourse unique de la Foundation “Cyril and Methodius”, Sofia, Bulgarie
- bourse de voyage du programme « Mobilité » du Fond National « Culture », Bulgarie
- prix de la Fondation Soros and Prohelvetia dans le but de la publication de son livre de début “Bzzz-z-z-z/ Poèmes et rêves”, Maison d’édition Stigmati, Sofia, 2003
Mélanie Rainvielle, Exposition performative pour public engagé
, L'Art Même nr 68, 1er trimerstre 2016 /in .pdf
Dirk Snauwaerts, The ‘Annulment of The End of Things’
, Catalog Faber-Castell International Drawing Award 2015 – Neues Museum-Nurnberg /in .pdf
Solo show , Museum M Leuven, Leuven, Belgium , April 2019