FROM EAST TO WEST
On the occasion of his new exhibition at Jozsa gallery, David Leleu invites us in pictures’ random universe that he transforms by hand manipulation, technical or mechanical to reveal it, to reinvent it. If the light always is an integral part of the artist’s work, it takes a central role in this exhibition which the title refers to sun rotation.
The installation « The Invisible’s Stratagem » functions like an image generator where the light reveals as much as disrupts. The picture, initially fixed, morphs and is part of a temporal dimension.
For the first time, David Leleu touches to photography while remaining in the continuity of his draftsman work. He keeps this controlled balance where material and subject become confused. Pictures created by the artist go off and are distinct from their first reality. Disturb and disrupt the original allow him the creation of a mysterious and poetic pictures’ world where we don’t know exactly what we see or what they show us.
THE STRATAGEM OF THE INVISIBLE
more in .pdf
Lives and works in Roubaix
1995–1999 Ecole de Recherche Graphique(ERG), St Luc Brussels, BELGIUM
1993–1995 Faculty of Fine Arts Amiens, FRANCE
- Le Stratagème de l'Invisible (part 2), Bureau d'Art et de Recherche, Roubaix, France
- Whispered Dances,with Veaceslav Druta, Jozsa gallery, Brussels
- Scribbled Eggs, Bureau d’art et de recherche, Roubaix, France
- 7 Péchés capitaux, ArtBrussels, Jozsa Gallery, Brussels
- Scribbled Eggs", Bureau d'art et de Recherche, Roubaix
- Drawings, Jozsa Gallery, Brussels
- Le Sommeil de la raison engendre les songes, with Stephan Balleux, Beat Gallery, Berlin
- Mediatine Prize, Brussels
- Godecharles Prize 2007, Brussels
- Flashface Project solo show, LX5 Homebase, Luxembourg
- Transposition, with Gregory Durviaux, Hotel Tagawa, Brussels
more in .pdf
- April 13-July 13 2013, Ma nuit américaine", Incise, Charleroi, Belgium